South Africa: Get Involved
South African Volunteer Days
Each one of us can play our part in solving the housing crisis in South Africa. We are looking for South Africans to give up one day to participate in our Volunteer Build Programme to build homes for families living in shacks.
Who Can Volunteer?
We would like as many people as possibly to volunteer with us as we believe this experience
is both rewarding to you, the individual, but also to the people in the Townships.
Individuals >> Corporates >> NGOs/Students >> Schools >>
What does the day involve?
- As a Volunteer on site we give you a brief overview of the work of the charity.
- Volunteers are divided into different teams and each team has a team leader and is allocated a different task including: painting, digging or block laying.
- Once on site, the team leader will allocate roles and look after you during the day. They will also be able to answer any queries you may have about the charity and explain to you a little more about what we do.
- Our Community Liaison Officers (CLO) or community members will also provide information on the township you are working in and will be able to go on a shack visit to meet some of the families living in the township.
- At the end of the day, Volunteers will get to see a handover house, where the beneficiary will receive the keys to his/her new house and cut the ceremonial ribbon.